To help you prepare for your upcoming healing retreat (1 day, 2 days, and 3 days), we recommend you read the following information thoroughly, especially regarding the plant medicine ceremony.
Before your booking, we’ve asked you to confirm that you do not have any of the following medical conditions in order to consume ayahuasca or peyote:
Heart disease, such as tachycardia, murmur, wearing a pacemaker or have had a recent surgery or any complications
Undergoing medical treatment or having serious health problems, infectious or highly contagious diseases
Advanced high or low blood pressure, schizophrenia, advanced diabetes, high-risk pregnancy, epilepsy, cancer, liver or kidney diseases, hypertension, diabetes, hyperthyroidism (hyper active thyroid) or any health disorders
Previously or currently recovering from a stroke
Surgery in any part of the digestive system, less than 3 months prior to the retreat.
Liver disease, liver transplant, or any special health conditions related to liver or kidney (i.e. single kidney, cirrhosis, less than whole livers, etc.
Using prescription medications or contraceptives (i.e. birth control pills) that may interfere with your hormones
Taking vitamins or supplements that may increase your heart beat or contain blood thinner
Mental illness, such as double-personality or bipolar or if you are on medication that stimulates serotonin for the brain
Use a nervous system inhibitor or anti-psychotics
Addiction or regular use of cocaine or any other type of substance/synthetic drugs
Severe allergies for insect bites
Significantly challenged with mobility
Diet Before Your Retreat
In order to maximize the magical impact of your healing journey and your comfort, we recommend you follow these guidelines below: At least 6 weeks before:
- Any medication that has an effect on the serotonin system, including Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and MAOI drugs, or any vitamin that may increase your heart beat or contains blood thinner, should be cleared from your body through a slow weaning process with your doctor.
At least 4 weeks before:
- Eliminate pharmaceutical drugs (prescription & over the counter). This includes allergy pills, hormonal supplements, NSAIDs, and more. Again, always consult with a medical professional.
1-2 weeks before, eliminate:
- Sex of any sort, including self-pleasure or erotic fantasizing
- Violent or disturbing media
- Recreational drugs of any kind, especially synthetic DMT or other psychoactive substances
- Salt and salty foods
- Spicy food
- Processed foods
- Red meat & cured meats
- Sugar, natural or artificial sweeteners
- Processed foods (including fried, fermented, pickled foods)
- Yeast or yeast products
- Caffeine (coffee, caffeinated tea, synthetic energy drinks)
- Dairy products, especially yogurt
- Animal fats, including butter
- Nutritional supplements like protein powders that may contain tyramines
- Sweets and chocolate
- Synthetic soaps, perfumes, toiletries, etc.
- Unsalted vegetables and vegetable broths
- Fresh fruits and fruit juice
- Well-cooked whole grains
- Organic chicken or turkey
- Low-sugar fruits
- Coconut or olive oil, sparingly
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
On the Day of The Retreat
- You will be spending the night at the rustic Ceremonial space in the jungle. We recommend you bring insect repellent to be more comfortable, and some extra clothing in the winter months (Dec-Feb).
- Eat no less than four hours before the start of the ceremony, and even then it is best to eat soft foods and vegetable broths to be gentle on the stomach.
- Rest well the night before, no strenuous exercise during the day.
Health & Safety Guidelines
These Retreats are as sacred as they are special. Please honor and respect one another and the rituals. Our guidelines ensure each individual is able to experience this quest in the safest and most enjoyable way possible. Unacceptable Behaviors During retreat, if you exhibit any of the following behaviors, you may be asked to leave without refund:
- Use of any illegal drug (defined by Mexican law), being high or drunk
- Having a weapon of any kind
- Sexual, physical or verbal harassment/insult to any person, or posing any potential threat to another person’s safety.
- Disrespect another person or to the rituals/ceremonies
Medical Restrictions The safety and the physical/psychological integrity of each participant will always be our top priority. We can not accept anyone to participate in the ayahuasca/peyote ceremonies with any of the following conditions (you can still participate in other activities if you’d like). If you are not sure, please consult your health professional (i.e. a doctor) first. If you booked the retreat on behalf of someone else, you are responsible for their liability (please kindly confirm with them as well):
- If you have heart problems, such as tachycardia, murmur, wearing a pacemaker or have had a recent surgery or any complications.
- If you are undergoing medical treatment or having serious health problems, infectious or highly contagious diseases.
- Advanced high or low blood pressure, schizophrenia, advanced diabetes, high-risk pregnancy, epilepsy, cancer, liver or kidney diseases, hypertension, diabetes, hyperthyroidism (hyper active thyroid) or any health disorders.
- If you have had a stroke previously or currently recovering from one.
- If you have had any surgery, especially in any part of the digestive system, less than 3 months prior to the booking.
- If you have liver diseases, had liver transplant, or any special health conditions related to liver or kidney (i.e. single kidney, cirrhosis, less than whole livers, etc.)
- If you are on any types of prescription medications, or using contraceptives (i.e. birth control pills) that may interfere with your hormones.
- If you are taking vitamins or supplements that may increase your heart beat or contain blood thinner.
- If you are in treatment for mental illness, such as double-personality or bipolar or if you are on medication that stimulates serotonin for the brain.
- If you use a nervous system inhibitor or anti-psychotics.
- Addiction or regular use of cocaine or any other type of substance/synthetic drugs
- Severe allergies for insect bites.
- If you are significantly challenged with your mobility.
The healing parts of the retreat is hosted in the ceremonial site in the jungle. For your convenience, transportation will be arranged to pick you up from Casa Sangha (in Puerto Morelos town) to take you to the ceremonial site.
- Casa Sangha Address: Calle Antonio Enriquez Savignac, Supermanzana 21 Manzana 87 Lote 26, Villas 2, 77580 Puerto Morelos, Q.R., Mexico
- Map Location for Casa Sangha
- Please do not contact Casa Sangha for retreat inquiries as they would not be able to help you
Note: Transportation getting to the Retreat is not included (however, during the retreat between various locations is included). If you’d like us to arrange pickup/dropoff transportation, please contact us.How To get there:
- By car/taxi: If you are coming from Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum, take Highway 307/Chetumal-Cancun. Once you enter Puerto Morelos, follow your GPS/Google Map to Casa Sangha
You can bring your luggage with you to the ceremonial site, or store it at Casa Sangha securely (complimentary) at the reception.
Due to the significant effort/cost to prepare for the retreat, the retreat payment is non-refundable with less than 21-day notice (not including the date of the cancelation request) prior to your retreat start date. Appointments canceled with less than a 21 day notice will be charged full price of the retreat. However, we will always try our best to offer you alternative dates within 90 days from the original booking for rescheduling if availability permits. Cancelations with a minimum 21 day notice (not including the date of the cancelation request) are eligible for 50% refund of total retreat price (minus 5% payment processing fee).
Why 21 days? We need to pay for and prepare for your retreat well in advance. Shaman Edgar sources powerful plants from Peru and other parts of the Amazon, then hand crafts the medicine for each guest. The medicine process takes 21 days, while other preparations take place from the day you book.